This soup is super easy and EVERYONE loves it. I have been asked my many for the recipe. As always, it is not mine. This one is from the P90X Nutrition Plan that comes with the program. I love it as it or with shredded rotisserie chicken mixed in… Yum Yum!
- 10 cup fat-free chicken broth, low sodium
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups onions, quartered
- 1 cup carrots, sliced 1 inch think
- 3 cups celery, sliced 1 inch thick
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced 1 inch thick
- 8 ounces tomato sauce, canned
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- dash black pepper
1. In a large stockpot, combine the chicken broth, potatoes, onions, carrots, and celery. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-high, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes
2. Add the zucchini, tomato sauce, garlic, parsley and cilantro. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until the zucchini is just tender (don’t overcook.) Season to taste with black pepper and serve.
3. If desired, add protein powder just before serving.
If freezing, you might want to undercook the zucchini a little so it doesn’t fall apart.