Since my husband and I have started the 21 Day Fix yesterday, we’ve been looking for and trying some new recipes. Sometimes I fall victim to trying to make yummy, new, delicious recipes that seem to have 8 million ingredients and take a ton of time. This is NOT one of those, thank goodness! My whole family LOVED them, including me, and it took little to no time to make. We changed very little from the recipe, I did take out the cheese and changed the proportions to what I needed that night for dinner. Check out HERE how I used this recipe in my FREE 6-Day weight loss plan!
For those who are also eating on the 21 Day Fix plan —> We made this recipe for dinner. We were able to adapt it to the containers we needed: 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue, and we used 2 tsp for the dressing (that may not be the exact thing to use, but that’s what I used it for.)
- 8 small organic corn tortillas
- 2 cups finely shredded green or red cabbage (or dark lettuce leaves)
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, diced or sliced thinly
- 2 avocados, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups shredded roast chicken breast
- 2 ounces shredded jalapeno-jack cheese (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1-2 large limes cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup Creamy Chipotle- Lime Sauce (below)
Creamy Chipotle-Lime Sauce
Make your tacos sing with this fresh spicy sauce. It works well with any taco meat or toppings.
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup organic or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 pinches kosher or sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle or cayenne powder
Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
1. Warm tortillas for about 30 seconds in the microwave wrapped in waxed paper or in an oven-safe tortilla warmer, until they are soft and pliable. I personally use my gas stove and place the tortilla over the fire for about 10 seconds on both sides.
2. Spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of sauce. Top with cabbage, tomato, avocado, chicken, cheese, and cilantro. Squeeze lime over the top.
Tip: Tacos are the perfect use for leftover shredded roast chicken. You could also use thinly sliced steak, small grilled shrimp, even seasoned and cooked ground beef or turkey.
I got this recipe from the Daniel Plan Cookbook. It has some really yummy clean eating recipes that the whole family loves.