We love cookies. Really, who doesn’t? Yes, they are delicious, crunchy, sweet and so so bad for you!
Poor Santa has no chance with all of us feeding him fatty, sugary cookies every year so we decided to make him a sweet but healthier treat. It’s so simple, I have my 2 year old and 6 year do the work for me.
Here’s what they did:
1. I set the oven to 350 degrees. 2 and 6 year olds should NOT do this step….duh.
2. Take a ripe banana, throw it in a bowl and smoosh it.
3. Add instant oatmeal. Sometimes I use rolled oats and just chop them up in the food processor first.
No, I do not have an exact measurement. I add it until it looks like dough.
4. Drizzle a little vanilla and sprinkle some cinnamon. You can add other food if you’re feeling adventurous. Play around and experiment. Raisins, cranberries, dark chocolate…
5. Spoon some out in clumps and push down a little (they do not spread out while being cooked.) Because I like salty with my sweet, I also sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt on the top. My 13 year old daughter thinks this is gross but I like it so who cares 🙂
*I forgot to line the cookie sheet with parchment paper in this picture. It was not fun cleaning the tray. Use parchment paper if you have to clean the tray yourself. If someone else has to clean it, then I guess it depends on how you feel about them that day.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy. Make sure to share with others!