It’s so nice to have something that used to be a favorite of ours turned into a healthier option! I absolutely love this meal and so did the WHOLE family!!
Taken from the Wild Diet
As always, please get organic and pasture-raised ingredients:
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp butter (our #familyfavorite is Kerrygold brand)
- 1 jar tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups mixed greens
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl until frothy. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes & salt.
- Dip the chicken thighs into the eggs, then dredge them in the almond flour mixture.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the chicken thighs in the skillet and cook until golden brown and the juices run clear, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Fill an oven-safe skillet halfway with the tomato sauce and place the chicken thighs in the sauce, cover with a lid, and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and top each piece of chicken with a slice of cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes longer.
- Serve with mixed greened drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add other crunchy vegetables to salad if you’d like to beef it up.