We are starting Core de Force tomorrow and this is the first recipe I’ll be trying from the book. Cannot wait to tell you how we like it!
Makes 5 servings, about 1 cup squash an 1 cup sauce each
1.5 Green, 1/2 Purple. 1 Red, 1/2 Blue
- 1 large spaghetti squash (about 3.5 pounds)
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1- 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Pre Heat over to 400 degrees
- Cut in half, remove seeds and membrane of squash, place squash cut side up in over on a baking sheet
- Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender. Separate strands with a fork, place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- While squash is baking, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, zucchini and mushrooms, stir and cook until tender about 6-8 mins
- Add garlic, oregano, and crushed red pepper; cook stirring frequently , for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently for 4-6 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add tomato sauce, past, and remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil for 20 minutes.
- Evenly divide squash between five plates. Top evenly with sauce, cheese, and basil; serve immediately.