- Take time to make a realistic goal. And map out how you are going to reach that goal.
- Commit. Don’t just try to get fit, or try to lose weight, you have to commit! If it took you 6 months to gain 15 lbs you are not going to lose those pounds in 1 week!
- Don’t let 1 bad meal turn into 1 bad day, then 1 bad week, then you are back where you started…everyone gets off course, you are going to be different because you are going to get right back on track.
- Plan your week…You know on Monday you need to take a client out to lunch Wednesday and a baseball game Thursday and you have a party with your family on Saturday. Don’t give up and eat bad Monday and Friday too just because you know you are going to get a beer and hot dog at the game and you MIGHT not get a salad on that Wednesday meeting…and nobody can resist grandma’s mashed potatoes Saturday… You can lose control very fast by not looking ahead and planning.
- Don’t, I repeat DO NOT let your jeans fitting better, and the scale showing 10lbs less cause you to slip if your goal is to lose 20lbs or more! It happens. It happened to me and my wife…you start working out and eating right, you start looking good, people notice, you feel all good about yourself, so you sleep in a few morning and miss those workouts. Then you eat a few more bad meals, (I mean you can afford it, look how great you are looking) …then BAM you wake up one morning and those new jeans don’t fit and you haven’t worked out in 2 weeks…….it happens. So again STAY FOCUSED ON YOUR GOAL! Fitness is a lifestyle, not a fad.
Hope this helps! Thanks for reading and please share with others!